Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of increasing the number of visitors to a specific website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine over internet. A successful SEO campaign will have a part of the improvements, carefully selection of relevant, keywords which the on-page optimization will be designed to make prominent for search engine algorithms.
In short a set of rules that can be followed by website owners to optimize their websites for search engine and thus improve their search engine rankings. In addition it is a great way to increase the quality if their websites by making them user-friendly, faster and easier to navigate.
There are two basic areas of SEO: on-page, and off-page optimization.
On-page optimization: Includes a website’s elements which comprise a web page, such as HTML code, textual content, and images.
Off-page optimization: comprises primarily, to backlinks (links pointing to the site which is being optimized, from other relevant websites).
There are two types of SEO
- White hat SEO: In white hat SEO different techniques and methods to improve the ranking of a website over search engine which don’t run afoul of search engine (mainly Google) guidelines. Its purity Level is high.
Techniques used by white hat SEO are:
- high quality content development
- website HTML optimization and restructuring
- link acquisition campaigns supported by high quality content and manual research and outreach
It is steady, gradual, but lasting growth in rankings.
- Black Hat SEO: Finds out the weaknesses in the search engine algorithms to obtain high rankings for a website. Such techniques and methods are in direct conflict with search engine guidelines
Here are some black hat SEO techniques
- link spam
- keyword stuffing
- hidden text
- And hidden links.
It is Quick, unpredictable, and short-lasting growth in rankings.
Importance of SEO: Now-a-days SEO is more important than ever and it is necessary for every webmaster to understand the true meaning of SEO as well as potential it creates for every business. Search Engine Optimization
In today’s competitive market, SEO is more important than ever. Search engines sever millions of users per day looking for answers to their questions or for solutions to their problems. SEO is essential because:
- The majority of search engine users are more likely to click on one of the top 5 suggestions in the results page, so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your website or customers to your online store you need to be in the top positions.
- SEO is not only about search engines but good SEO practices improves the user experience and usability of website.
- Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching, increases the website trust.
- SEO is good for the social promotion of your website. People who finds your website by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
- SEO is important for the smooth running of big website. Websites with more than on author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework to use before publishing content on the website.
- SEO can put you ahead of the competition. If two websites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimization website is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Services
There are number of SEO services offering solutions for a ranking problems, and inefficiencies depending upon our needs and goals or a combination, of the following services may be right for your website.
- Website SEO Audit:
- On-Page SEO:
- SEO Content Development:
- Link Development
- Code Optimization.